Tuesday, September 05, 2017

CiM 552 Tardis

I've been super excited to see this colour since I first saw the name on the list of new colours coming out. Weirdly - when I expressed this enthusiasm to friends, I discovered that they had no idea what colour that would be.

 For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last 50+ years - the TARDIS is the time machine from Doctor Who - which is the longest running sci-fi series in the history of television, and has been going since before the series was in colour - so you seriously have to be out of the loop to have not heard of this.

Anyway - I think I was expecting a somewhat brighter blue than this slightly translucent and rich smokey blue. Is it like any other soft glass colour - well no, and sort of.

I do think that it is a very, very nice colour - a little more into the black than Electric Avenue. Richer than most of the sapphires. More translucent than the lapis analogues.

Here is it, posed on my TARDIS themed merchandise notebook. The colour is that of the British Police call box - which is not a phone box, btw. 


Is there another colour that is similar? Spoilers - sweetie - wait for the next post please!
In the mean time - a big thumbs up from me on this for pop-culture insider reference and bluuuuuue.

No comments:

Post a Comment