Saturday, December 19, 2009

More thoughts on Frit


Taking the same technique from last Monday - when I finally had some success with the frit - I thought I'd try it again, but change all the variables. Of course. Because I just can't leave well-enough alone.

This first bead started with Effetre Transparent Straw dipped in two different reduction frits - Dark Silver Blue and Brilliant Gold (from a frit sample pack). I found this worked better when I loaded on more of the Dark Silver Blue and less of the Brilliant Gold. The resulting gather is then pulled out into a stringer.

I made a white core, wound the stringer onto it, melted smooth, and then encased it. I like this one very much!

In this second pic - this was the same technique - but using Effetre 068 Transparent Pink (this is the one that goes more of a salmony colour and reacts with silver to produce a nice gold effect) instead of the Straw. I do not care for this one as much - too moody-broody for my taste.

So - stick to the Effetre Straw or the Kelp for these - pass on the Pink, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Dwyn, just asking, why don't you use frit as frit as well? I love the first bead and agree with you on the second.

    ReplyDelete