Thursday, October 12, 2017

CiM 315 Buttermilk

CiM Buttermilk is an attempt to re-make CiM Cake Batter (307). I think that is a more neutral shade, and, in fact, may be the non-reactive ivory you've been looking for. I haven't been looking for it, I like the reaction, but it is nice to have the option!

I didn't care for the recent CiM Bone as much, because while it is a nice cream neutral - I like the warmer shade of the Effetre Ivory. In fact, I adore Effetre Ivory - it is one of my faves. And the CiM Bone can look similar if you reduce it, but otherwise - it seems to be a rather cool colour.

However, the Buttermilk might be right on the money. It not overtly coloured, but it has a slight hint of warmth to it. But, if you read the other tester's reactions on the CiM site, you will see there is a certain amount of variation of opinion.

CiM classifies this with the yellows, but for me - it is in the neutral family.







And it really hasn't reacted with the turquoise. That is a flat dot with a raised dot - so that is not extreme bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment