Monday, November 04, 2019

Eff 262 Powder Pink Comparison

Effete 262 Powder Pink. I have two different batches of powder pink here. One is the old batch, and the rods are more of a grayish Brown than pink, and the new rods are machine pulled and more of a streaky pink colour in the rod. They both come out true to the colour in the rod with the new pink rods being a much better colour.
However, these new machine pulled rods, well at least the ones that I had on my desk, were really shocky. I even tried annealling them, and no difference. You're going to have to preheat these or pull it out into Stringer or work in some manner that doesn't involve getting a big gather of glass, the way I do. The colour is better, if you're looking for a pink, but highly shocky. The older rods are not shocky, but you'd be hard-pressed to call them pink. They are a lovely natural beige brown variation, but not really in the family of pink. 😉🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment