Thursday, June 06, 2013

Leaf Masher - Finally figured it out.

Here's another tool that I've had kicking around for years - and I finally figured out what to do with it. A shout out goes to Deb M - I'm pretty sure I stole this idea from you - although that's not what I thought at the time! Naturally.

You saw the bell flower bead press flowers? Well - similar idea. Stainless steel wire, ball of hot glass, mash.

Instant leaf!


Some people are making these as headpins, but you know, when I make them, they are more like "as-big-as-my-head pins."


I actually wore one of the flowers and one of the leaves in my hair. Just poked the wire into my updo, and they stayed there all day. Kind of cute, I thought.







 This is the wire I used. I have since experimented and found that the smaller gauges work very well too.




1 comment: