Friday, November 11, 2016

Comparison: Ivory colours

Sigh. The perfect ivory. What do you want from your ivory?

I like variation, rich, interesting colour. Interesting patterns. Dark or light? I like them both - for different applications. 

I like the reactivity.

Ivory is one of my favourites. If I had to choose only a few colours, it would be ivory, black, cobalt and turquoise. I can go a long way with just those four.

Anyway - from the left, in this rather finial shape of conjoined beads, we have
Effetry 754 Ivoryish, Eff 285 Sandstone, Eff 259 Sand, and just for fun, Eff 266 Opal Yellow.


 The Ivoryish and the Sandstone - the cold rods look virtually identical in colour, but the ivoryish shows black in cross section - hinting at the streakiness to come.

Sand is a little darker. And Opal Yellow is yellowish and streaky. It's actually pretty cool, by itself. I'm not sure I've ever used it by itself, mostly just for the way you use it with other glasses!

I was so taken with the sandstone that I made another finial thingy. Love that crackle! 

This is scrumptious. Must.stock.up.



No comments:

Post a Comment