Thursday, December 01, 2011

CiM 504: Blue Suede Shoes Ltd Run

Well, it's one for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready,
Now go, cat, go.

But don't you step on my blue suede shoes.

You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes.

Well - now that you have THAT stuck in your head - btw - do you know what it is called when you have song stuck in your head and you can't get rid of it - it's an "earworm." Although I think I would have spelled it earwyrm, for the annoyance of it.

Anyhoo - blue - blue is awesome, and this is the awesomest shade of blue.

 Here is the stub end that I managed to save to photograph - because I wanted to keep going and use it all!

Here are two self-coloured spacers - and you can see - there is a little streakiness in the colours. Mmmmm. Blue AND streaky. 
 This is over a clear core - because I was starting to wonder if this was maybe a translucent colour - not a straight opaque.

 I thought I would try making some white-cored cane - to see if it came out lighter. (White cored cane top, and rod below).




Here - you can see the white core. BSS (Blue Suede Shoes) definitely appears to be more complex than just a simple opaque glass.




Much to my surprise - the white cored cane broke up and bled and crawled on the white bead.

 Although, when I tried it again, working cooler - it stayed intact. This is not actually melted in smooth. I think the high heat may have caused the interesting effect above.

And dots on white. A little bleeding around the edge.Well - more like "fuzzification."


And on ivory - where there is definitely some interesting stuff going on. 


This bead is a  clear core encased with BSS (because, at this point, I'm starting to run out!), marvered with a graphite marver. Effetre Lapis does not react well to marvering with a graphite marver - it often gets an unattractive smoky look, and I wanted to test for that. No sign of it here. The trails are CiM Creamsicle 2 - raked and marvered.


 This "feather" is on the Sirius mandrel, and has bands of a transparent blue - possibly Effetre Intense Blue.



Over all - Blue Suede is on my must have list - because of the colour, translucency - and in the list of glasses that looks like it has some potentially interesting reactions. Blue Suede Shoes for the WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment