Wednesday, March 22, 2017

CiM 549 Sea Mist

CiM Sea Mist - a translucent grey that evokes fog and rain and mist.

It starts as a translucent blue, but comes out of the kiln rather more neutral


 In fact, it seems to be doing a bit of a colour shift in the camera - it is more of a foggy grey than what I am seeing on the monitor - which looks a bit yellowed.
In fact - this is closer to what I am seeing - but gok what your monitor/screen/cell phone will render it as.

I do have to say that the limited amount that I have tried had some significant shocking going on. Not the kind of continuous blowing off the tip and turning into frit shocking that makes me just toss a rod as being unworkable, but when it shocked - it shocked big time - blowing a big shard off the side or cracking off a couple of inches. Might have just been what I had, might be the nature of the beast - but just so you know.

I am really quite taken with this colour - regardless of that. But I have a soft squishy spot for the translucent colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment