Sunday, February 04, 2018

Vetro 069 Striking Yellow

 Gack - I have so many samples to blog - I hardly know where to start! Ok - this is from a big pile of recently-uncovered glass from Jean at Nortel - this is a big stash of Vetrofond Striking Yellow. You remember how I was whining about the current batch of Effetre 069 is hard to strike and kinda wimpy when it does. Not this! Oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy. This glass is the colour of  a lemon cough drop - vibrant and glowing yellow. Juicy!






















 Now that's some yellow!

 These are over white - and in the one on the right - it got away from me, so it swirled with white.
 This is a base of white, turquoise ends, encased with Striking Yellow.
 Self coloured spacers.
 and some waves and a leave on wire.

Like many of the striking colours - it does tend to opacify (get streaky clouds inside) but it's not too overwhelming, and the colour - oh my - the colour.

Yellow makes a heck of an accent - yellow is under-rated, IMHO. And I'm going to stock up on this - because once it's gone - it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment