Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Interesting Mink


I like CiM 788 Mink for making ponies - it's a very nice brown, and quite unlike any other brown. I have blogged it before.

However - I got a very interesting reaction/effect/whathaveyou the other day. Notice the crackle effect on the horse.

I thought that the next one I made didn't have the same pattern - see second photo, but I see now, that with the magnification that the photo affords me - that I did get it a little.

The first one is on white base, and the second is on ivory.

Not sure what happened. I may have inadvertently been working in a slight reduction flame - or perhaps there was a contaminant on the glass. Whatever it is - it's a pretty cool effect.

So - now I have to figure out what's causing it.

Cool, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the effect you got over white is awesome. I need to try that :) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and the pony too. Thanks a lot.
    ♥ Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reaction, what a find! I do enjoy visiting you and I just don't get here often enough. SO I wanted to pass on my award to you, please come over to my blog to receive it. Thank you for such useful, inspiring info on the new glasses! ♥ Elaine

    ReplyDelete