Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Pet Peeves about Bead Release Containers

I like a long dip. A deep dip. I like to be able to make long or wide beads, or multiple beads on a mandrel.

And, unless you buy the really big bottle - you can't get a long dip. And that's not a good idea, because the darn stuff dries out. You can re-hydrate it if you catch it before it goes completely hard, but that's a pain to do.



So I pour mine into this old orange juice bottle. I get a nice long dip on the mandrel without needing so much bead release. And you know what - it doesn't dry out in there either.

Why? Because it was designed to store liquids. Because if you bought orange juice and half of it had evaporated and you had to add water - you'd be p'd off.



Yeah - I know to store the bottle upside down - you know what - they are still not airtight.

So, here's my question, how come the manufacturers of bead release have not figured this out?
A - a thinner jar. B - airtight container.

It's not friggin' rocket science.

I'm not naming names here - you all are doin' it.

end of rant. Thank you for listening. ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment