Saturday, December 12, 2009

Val Cox Frit: Prince of Tides


Man - I just suck at frit. I don't know what it is - but - it just doesn't speak to me.

Not the fault of the frit - mind you. Just me.

Anyhoo - this is a Val Cox frit - Prince of Tides.

The working notes say:

... vivid display of richly saturated ruby, violet and aqua gem-tones - a luminous, no-fuss blend.
So I tried it ove white - first pic, bead on the right and second pic - (same bead). Bead on the left (first pic) is white, clear, frit, and clear encase. You can see what a mess I made of that one!

But the frit just over white is quite pretty. I think that violet and the aqua are just too far apart in saturation for my taste.

Trying again - over clear, and mashed. Now this bead actually looks better in the photo than it does in real life - because I got a lot more light into it. In real life - it's pretty dark. But I do like the patterns of the frit better. And it has some nice depth. Maybe if I'd done some raking or twisting?

I think this is probably very nice for some people. It is easy to use.

Not doing it for me, however. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment