Magic - a Reichenbach glass - 104 CoE - with working properties similar to Iris Orange/Raku - namely - heat the snot out of it and then cool it rapidly by marvering.
These are dots of Magic on black (CiM Tuxedo) super heated, and mashed. Nice range of colours, and the speckly web pattern in the middle of the dots is interesting too.
This bead was rather more complicated, but here are the steps.
- make a barrel-shaped bead in clear
- encase in a thin layer of Magic
- put a row of dots around the middle in ivory
- then add dots in Magic
- decide it's not working for you, add clear to the top of the dots
- mash again
- get frustrated because it still looks like heck
- heat the snot out of it
- roll back into shape, pressing too hard and wrecking the shape.
- salvage the shape and even it up
- encase it - because everything looks better encased
- Mash it again
- firepolish it
- Give up on it and stick it in the kiln